Posted by CaliforniaHatchery.com on 8/11/2013 to
Californiahatchery.com a great resource for ordering poultry online, with small minimum order quantities, and a safe arrival guarantee to anywhere in the United States, we offer the backyard poultry farmer the option of placing a smaller order to accompany their needs. Additionally, we offer high quality poultry at reasonable prices. We consistently receive positive reviews from our customers, and we thought we would share some of these reviews with you:
- "I purchased the duck maintainer to switch my duckling over from chick starter feed when he was about 4 weeks old. I gradually mixed this feed with the chick starter until I had fully switched him to the maintainer. He loves it, and showed a lot of interest in it from the first day I offered it to him. I also really like how all the supplements necessary for ducklings (niacin!!!) are already added into this food so there is no need for me to continue adding brewers yeast to prevent him from being bow legged. Most of all, its extremely convenient that this feed is available in a 10 lb bag instead of 25-50 lbs only, which is much more than I need and would be a huge waste. Thank you, I will definitely be ordering more!"
- "I have mallard ducklings in my yard annually. In short, the journey to a pond is not survivable so I have opted to help the hen nurture them for a period of about one month after which we relocate the family intact to a local pond where they successfully brood. This year I purchased the baby duckling starter feed from CaliforniaHatchery.com and they loved it! As well, these ducklings were the strongest and best-developed of all of my clutches. After 3 weeks I transitioned them to the maintainer feed. If I have another clutch next year, I most definitely will be getting feed from CaliforniaHatchery.com! The ducklings thank you!"
- "I ordered 4 hatchlings and got them on May 3rd in the middle of a heat wave. But baby chicks like to be warm, so not a problem. They are now almost 3 weeks old, growing fast, getting plumage and combs, eating well and seem eager to get out and do some serious bug hunting. I think I have 3 females and a little rooster that seems to be lagging behind the girls a bit in size, but he's just as playful and active as they are. So far, so good. They certainly have vigor and are strong, healthy and fun-loving. I am pleased with my little R.I.Reds."
- "Recently I ordered 5 Rhode Island Reds, and I couldn't be happier. My family orders chicks every year, but not from California Hatchery and right away I noticed a big difference. The way that the chicks were shipped was amazing and they all arrived healthy and hopping around. I have had them for two weeks and they are still all thriving. This is my first year getting my own chickens and I am glad that I decided on California Hatchery. They have a customer for life in me!"
- "All arrive safely in good condition. They are now growing like weeds with no sign if stopping. They should be ready to release in 4 or 5 more weeks. Very satisfied!"
- "This is my 4th or 5th order from California Hatchery and I just have to say they offer such a wonderful service, beautiful ducks that are so sweet, precious and just very friendly all around. Wendy arrived in August with 2 other ducks and was very excited to end her traveling adventure. They ate, went to sleep, and once they got up were very talkative. Now that she is older she has some very beautiful coloring and is very calm when you hold her. She loves to follow me around but isn’t a big talker like some of my other ducks. We are absolutely pleased with her. Thank you!"
- "My chicks arrived in good condition, although probably a little shaken from the trip. They all weighed in at about 1 ounce on Wednesday 9/12/12, the day they arrived. They're all about 4 ounces today (9/22) and growing fast! I ordered a White Leghorn (Martha) for white eggs, a Rhode Island Red (Ruby) for brown eggs, and an Americauna (Pearl) for Easter eggs. So cool that I could order just three, as this is all I'm allowed in the city. Thanks again, CaliforniaHatchery.com!"
- " I ordered four Rhode island reds and got curtious service, the shipping was fast and the four baby chicks seemed perfectly fine, but the next day one of them died. I am sure it wasn't the hatchery's fault but it was because with all the movement in shipping some chicks don't survive. My chicks are two weeks old now and they look huge like they are a month old!! I am planning on getting more chickens soon, I will definitely be ordering from california hatchery!!"
- " My email question was answered promptly re the Welsummer Bantams. Impressed at the smaller quantity of birds able to be ordered from California Hatchery. As a backyard pet hen owner I can't utilize a 6-25 minimum chick/hatching egg order from most online hatcheries/private breeders. CH has great business sense and good email cust svc which I am highly recommending to my backyard friends. CH guarantees its orders. This is a nice sense of peace."
We would like to thank all of our loyal customers as we continue to offer an excellent selection of poultry and outstanding customer service!